AIT is an emerging biopharmaceutical company focused on the design and development of a nitric oxide (NO) formulation and delivery systems to treat various respiratory diseases for which current treatments have limited effectiveness. Our novel treatment system is based on our proprietary formulation of NO, a naturally produced gas molecule, known to be extremely effective in eliminating bacteria and viruses.
We have completed Phase IIa clinical trials on our NOxCF (treatment for cystic fibrosis) and NOxBR (treatment for bronchiolitis, acute lower tract infection).
Our Company and Management
AIT was co-founded in 2011 by Professor Yossef Av-Gay, Professor David Greenberg and Mr. Amir Avniel, who bring decades of clinical and academic experience related to drug development, microbiology, and infectious disease. Our team consists of eligible and capable staff members led by our faithful leader, Ms. Racheli Vizman (COO).
The company’s headquarters and R&D center are located in Rehovot, Israel.
We aim to make our nitric oxide formulation the standard treatment for lung infections and diseases.
Our proprietary nitric oxide formulation and delivery systems are well suited for therapeutic use for a number of reasons:
- Safely eliminate bacteria, viruses, fungi, and other microbes from the lungs
- Not based on antibiotics, which become increasingly subject to resistance
- Capable of being programmed to deliver different dosage regimens for a wide range of lung diseases.
- Has the potential to reduce the mucus caused by lung infections
- Enhance vasodilation for improved blood flow